We’ve talked about many orthodontic-related topics on our website, but something we haven’t covered too much in depth is Invisalign. As you may know already, Dr. Jordan has completed many Invisalign cases for patients at our office in Alpharetta, GA.
But one of the most elementary questions about Invisalign hasn’t been talked about on our website, and that is, “How does Invisalign work?”
Patients who are interested in clear aligners ask us this question quite often, so we figured we’d share the answer with you.
Why are so many people choosing Invisalign to straighten crooked teeth?
Two facts are common among braces and Invisalign:
Invisalign and braces can fix common dental problems (crooked teeth, misaligned teeth, underbite, overbite, crowding, and spacing).
Both teeth straightening methods share a goal: to straighten teeth.
But what makes Invisalign such an attractive option for patients, both adults and teens alike? Six reasons…
- The aligners are practically invisible.
- The aligners are removable for easy brushing and flossing.
- The aligners are made from a comfortable, smooth plastic material so mouth irritation is unlikely.
- The aligners can be removed for special occasions (a wedding, etc).
- You can eat all of the foods you love since the aligners are removable.
- Appointments aren’t as frequent compared to office visits when you have braces.
Invisalign seems to fit any type of lifestyle, whether you’re a professional in the working world or a senior in high school.
But just how does Invisalign fix common orthodontic problems?
Patients love how easy the Invisalign process is—from the beginning to the end! Here’s how it works (in 5 sequential steps):
1. Have a consultation with an Invisalign dentist. This is your first step in finding the best orthodontist who is Invisalign-trained and experienced. If you live in or near Alpharetta, GA, we’ve already outlined 13 reasons to choose Jeffrey Jordan Orthodontics! Be sure to choose someone who you feel comfortable to talk to and to receive dental work from.
2. Review your customized treatment plan with your dentist or orthodontist. After you’ve found someone you’re comfortable with and who has the proper credentials, he or she will develop a customized treatment plan for you. This will include many areas of treatment, such as: how long your treatment will take; how many aligners you will need to achieve the results you want; how many office visits you will need during treatment time; and more. He or she will review your treatment plan with you. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
3. Receive your clear aligners. The aligners will be customized to fit perfectly and comfortably in your mouth. At the appointment, you’ll try them on to ensure the aligners are comfortable. If adjustments need to be made, that will have to happen before treatment can start.
4. Follow your treatment plan by wearing a new clear aligner every 2 weeks. Your dentist or orthodontist will tell you exactly when to switch to the new aligner in the series. Throughout your treatment, your dentist or orthodontist will want to check your progress at in-office appointments to ensure the teeth are moving properly and that your treatment plan is on schedule.
5. Show off your brand new smile! Once your Invisalign treatment is over, you’ll feel excellent. Your self confidence will soar. You’ll catch yourself smiling at every opportunity you have. You’ll feel proud to show off your straight teeth and your great smile.
So you see, all you need is 5 easy steps to get the smile you deserve!
Now I understand how Invisalign works, but is Invisalign right for me?
If you’re still on the fence about whether or not Invisalign can solve your problems, it’s okay. Many people feel that way at some point. But why worry for too long? Why not get answers?
To start with, you can take the smile assessment created by the Invisalign makers. The online smile assessment can be found here. Your customized results will tell you, initially, whether your problems can be fixed with Invisalign.
Another way (a much more precise way) to find out if you can benefit from Invisalign is to schedule a consultation with an Invisalign provider. Keep in mind that not all dentists or orthodontists are Invisalign-trained. Rest assured, Dr. Jordan is, so call us today!
If you’d like to learn even more about Invisalign, visit the maker’s website by clicking here.
Why get Invisalign from Jeffrey Jordan Orthodontics?
Find out 8 reasons why we’re your top choice in Alpharetta for Invisalign! Rest assured, you and your teens will be in excellent hands at our office.
If you are ready to schedule your Invisalign consultation at our Alpharetta, GA office, contact us. All of our contact information can be found on the following webpage: http://www.jwjordan.com/contact-us/
We look forward to meeting you!